UR Dirt E "Quick Fix"


UR Dirt E "Quick Fix" for August 17, 2008

- Tatame.com reports that the newly crowned EliteXC Heavyweight Champion Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva is back at the gym and is ready to compete and defend his title. Here is what the big man had to say, "I'm happy, but I'm back on training because I might come back in September to defend my belt. I passed a week with my family and it was great, but I'm back here (ATT) now". That sounds good that he could fight in September, but with the cancellation of EliteXC's show Sept.20 they have to find homes for the bouts they (ProElite) put together, so fans stay tuned.

- A report out of Tatame.com says that head trainer at American Top Team Andrei "Benkei" Santos has left the camp due to ideological disagreements with coach Ricardo Liborio and although fighters such as Antonio Silva, Thiago Alves and JZ Calvancante decided they will continue to train with Santos they are still committed to fight for ATT.

- With Affliction recently signing IFL lightweight prospect Chris Horodecki to a new three fight deal there has been a rumor going on according to MMATraining.com stating that Horodecki could be facing former UFC fighter Dan Lauzon (The younger brother of UFC lightweight Joe Lauzon) at Affliction: Day of Reckoning event in Las Vegas on October 11. We will keep you posted if there is any truth to the rumor.