Kenny Florian vs Frankie Edgar possible in the future

Yesterday we reported to you that Joe Stevenson and Kenny Florian would meet in the Octagon at UFC 91 in November at either in Portland Oregon or in Boston, Massachussets. As we know this fight would have a lot of potential to be another fight of the year candidate as both fighters are well rounded and dangerous in every part of their game. Now in a interview with Kenny Florian's co-host of MMA Live Franklin McNeil, Edgar discusses his thoughts on possibly fighting Kenny Florian as well. quoted from ESPN.com

"Like Kenny, I want to fight the best in my division and right now he might be the No. 1 contender. So, fighting him is kind of a no-brainer. I want to get one [fight] in before the year is out. I would prefer November, but I would wait around to fight Kenny in December."
As for having his name mentioned prominently by Florian? That's fine by Edgar.
"It kind of gives me some recognition," Edgar said. "For a guy like Kenny to consider me as a formidable opponent; he's fought for the title and he's on a lot of people's list for a possible future title shot. So, it's good for me.
"I don't think Kenny's really calling me out; he's just making a statement that he wants to fight tough opponents."
Florian and Edgar are friends. The dropping of Edgar's name was not a show of disrespect by Florian.
"As an athlete, I have a lot of respect for [Frankie Edgar] for what he's accomplished," Florian said. "I respect him as a fighter and a person.
"It was the same with Roger Huerta. I had nothing against Roger; I liked Roger. But he was the best opponent available at the time. … It's nothing personal.
"I want to fight Frankie because he's a great fighter. That's the most important thing. It's about respect, and beating someone like Frankie Edgar will get me more respect."

As we all know Florian is fresh off of a win at UFC 87 over highly touted UFC lightweight Roger Huerta ending his undefeated win streak in the Octagon. Edgar is coming off of a convincing win over former number 1 contender to the lightweight title Hermes Franca at Ultimate Fight Night 14 in July. As we know BJ Penn is going to hold out for a fight against Georges St.Pierre either in December or February and it seems Florian is set to eliminate any other possible contenders for his title. As it stands right now Florian is rumored to be fighting Stevenson, but if it does not happen and Edgar does not have a fight at the time he would be a very good opponent for Florian.